At Matthews Smiles, our dentists have received specialized training in performing root canals (officially known as “endodontics”). We are experienced in performing the procedure with minimal pain and discomfort, administering anesthetics, removing the infected tissue, cleaning the root canal, and sealing your tooth. Patients often tell us that the root canal they received from us was no more painful than having a cavity filled!
Don’t Ignore Toothaches!
You cannot ignore a toothache and hope that it goes away. When your tooth hurts, it is trying to send you a message that something is wrong. A toothache may indicate that you have an infection. If this infection is not confronted, it can ultimately lead to inflammation of the root of your tooth and the eventual need for root canal therapy. Here are a few possible symptoms that may indicate a need for a root canal.
- If pain is radiating throughout your jaw or the side of your face
- If you experience a sharp pain when you bite or chew
- If you experience a dull, lingering pain after consuming hot/cold foods
- If you experience pressure or aching within a specific tooth and the gums surrounding it
- If you experience swollen or tender gums