Free Nitrous Sedation With All Treatment*
*Oral sedation and IV sedation not included.
If you are nervous about going to the dentist’s office, you are among thousands who feel the same way. Thankfully, you do not need to avoid important dental work just because you feel anxious. We provide FREE nitrous sedation, also known as laughing gas, for all of our patients on any treatment, including your regularly-scheduled cleanings! Good oral health is a crucial part of your overall health, and our team at Matthews Smiles is passionate about getting you in for the work that you need and want. For more information, check out our learning center below or give us a call.
Our goal at Matthews Smiles is to make your visit to our office as pleasant and enjoyable as we can! If you need help relaxing during your appointment, we offer a variety of options in sedation dentistry. For those who are not sure which option is the proper choice for you, we can provide detailed information and show you the pros and cons of each choice. We will help you select a solution that will put you at ease.
Research has demonstrated that nearly 75% of Americans face some level of anxiety when going to the dentist. Unfortunately, that anxiety causes many patients to forego necessary dental work. This leads to poor oral health, which can result in painful dental conditions and the need for much more extensive and anxiety-producing dental work than was necessary in the beginning. At Matthews Smiles, we don’t want anxiety to stand in the way of your superior oral health.
The Matthews Smiles team always strives to make your visit as pleasant as possible! If you’re in need of relaxation, we offer three levels of sedation. Inhalation Sedation is the use of nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas. We have a variety of nitrous oxide fragrances, so you can pick the flavor that suits your preference. We also offer oral conscious sedation and IV sedation. If you’re not sure which type of sedation is best for you, we can walk you through the pros and cons of each option.
With FREE nitrous sedation for all our procedures, we can ensure you will feel comfortable and at peace during your procedure!
The development of simple and safe sedation dentistry has provided relief for thousands of anxious patients. Sedation dentistry has been a solution for people in the following situations:
- Patients with severe dental anxiety
- Patients who have experienced negative dental experiences in the past
- Patients who have trouble getting numb for dental procedures
- Patients who need to have multiple dental procedures performed in one appointment due to limited time
Sedation dentistry makes use of safe but relaxing medications to help you relax and avoid anxiety. The staff at Matthews Smiles will discuss the various options and procedures with you. They will thoroughly review your medical history and the medications that you may currently be taking to help you choose the best method of sedation for your specific needs. Each of these options has been utilized by thousands of patients to ease their fears.
The proper level of sedation for your situation will be determined after a consultation with your dentist. The dentist will provide a variety of factors that need to be discussed in order to make the most effective choice.
- Nitrous Oxide (known commonly as “laughing gas”) – This sedation method will have you breathing nitrous oxide through a nasal mask throughout your dental procedure. We offer a variety of “laughing gas” fragrances, so you can choose the one that is most appealing to you. This gas is soothing and will effectively remove your dental anxiety and the accompanying discomfort. As soon as you have removed your mask at the end of the procedure, the effects of the gas will dissipate. You will be able to continue in your normal activities immediately after your appointment.
- Conscious sedation – The dentist will administer a sedative before commencing with your dental procedure. The sedative will make you feel drowsy and relaxed almost immediately. You will definitely need assistance with transportation home after the appointment, so make sure to bring along a friend or family member. Once the sedation has reached maximum effectiveness, you will be relaxed both mentally and physically. The dentist will perform the agreed upon procedures while you are relaxed from the sedative. The use of this treatment will allow the dentist to complete several treatments in one office visit. Even though you will be sedated and relaxed, you will be able to communicate with your dentist and his team throughout the appointment. The team will continually monitor your vital signs to ensure your complete safety throughout the appointment. This sedation method will leave you feeling drowsy a little longer than the nitrous oxide, and you will have no memory of the treatment once the sedation has worn away. You should be able to return to your normal flow of activity by that evening.
- IV Sedation – This is the most complete level of sedation, and it is used with patients who face serious anxiety at the dentist’s office. In some cases, it may be used by patients who need to get multiple procedures done in one visit due to time constraints. When IV sedation is employed, a certified anesthesiologist will be present to assist the dentist. The sole task of the anesthesiologist will be to monitor your vital signs and administer the proper amount of sedative in order to keep you completely relaxed and comfortable. If IV sedation is determined to be the best solution for your needs, you will sleep safely and comfortably during the whole dental treatment.
Contact Matthews Smiles today and ask how sedation dentistry can make a great difference in your dental experience. Give our office a call.
“Since moving to Utah, finding a trustworthy dentist has been very unsuccessful for me until coming across Matthews Smiles! I was thoroughly impressed by Dr. Matthews and his staff from the very beginning of my appointment. The receptionist was so welcoming and friendly, my hygienist did amazing and made me feel so comfortable throughout my entire cleaning, and Dr. Matthews was so thorough with explaining the status of my teeth and what work I needed done. Definitely recommend!”